- We work for the patients’ well being and we promise that
- We will give the best treatment at all times to give relief from pain and suffering.
- We will work enthusiastically and sincerely to save life, because it is precious to ALL of us.
- We will keep the patients and their relatives satisfied at all times.
- We will perform this “Noble Duty” with a smile.
- We in the “Non-Treatment Departments” will form an excellent team with “Medical People” to achieve the above goals.
- We will continuously educate ourselves, our colleagues and our community regarding diseases, health and preventive medicine.
- To create a global standard in healthcare with commitment, integrity, compassion, team work and social responsibility, using the most advanced medical technology, where the patient delight is our fundamental goal.
- To provide a highly productive work environment, where the achievement of each employee is recognised and honoured as a uniquely noble pursuit.
We shall achieve international standards in the field of Healthcare, through accurate and early diagnosis with latest equipments for safe and affordable treatment. We will give “personal attention” to all our Customers, treating them as our friends and family members. We shall provide a good environment for our Healthcare Team.
K. Govindaswamy Naidu Medical Trust, a non-profit charity organization of the $150 million KG Group of Companies, runs KG Hospital. Started as a 25-bed hospital in 1974, the hospital is today a 350-bed multi super specialty high-tech hospital offering a variety of healthcare services.
Dr. G. Bakthavathsalam (MS, FICS, FCCP, FAMS), who is the Chairman of the hospital, is a recipient of multiple national awards, including Padma Shri by the President of India, the Dr. B.C. Roy Award for Community Health Care, Seva Rathna Award instituted by the Centenarian Trust for meritorious & outstanding services in the field of Healthcare, Vaidya Ratna Award by Sri Adichunchanagiri Math, Karnataka, and Swamy Seva Puraskaram Award by Sabarimala Sree Ayyappa Dharma Parishath.
With the reputation of being one of the finest medical centers in the country, the Hospital has grown into a completely self-contained healthcare unit boasting some of the most sophisticated equipments available in the world to earn national recognition as a leader in providing World Class Health Service to the common man at affordable cost.
The Hospital today has on call more than 250 doctors, 800 nurses and Para-medical staff and is equipped with sophisticated diagnostic facilities like MRI and 128 slice CT Scanner. The hospital is the third center in India to have successfully conducted a Cadaver Kidney transplant.
KGH has been recognized by the Government of India, Dr MGR Medical University and National Board of Examinations for conducting Medical research, and as a center for nursing education and post graduate courses in 13 medical and super-specialities including General Medicine, General Surgery, Neuro Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurology, Radio Diagnosis, Nephrology, Cardiology , Cardiac Theocracy and family medicine .
K.G. Hospital is a recognized Designated Blood Bank for nearly 200 hospitals located in Coimbatore and adjoining areas. The hospital is also a beneficiary of the Prime Minister’s and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for providing medical relief to the poorer segments of the society.
The Hospital has the unique distinction of having the World’s Fastest and Asia’s First 128 Slice Heart CT Scanner.
K.G. Hospital is recognised under the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme Scheme for treating people below the poverty line.
The hospital has received quality accreditation from the NABH of Quality Council of India, New Delhi. It is the first hospital in this part of the country to receive the five star award from the QC FI for practising 5S concept
“We have grown because of the community around us; it is our responsibility to grow the community “
Dr. G. Bakthavathsalam (Dr. GB) is a multifaceted personality, a visionary, renowned surgeon of 50 years’ reputation, philanthropist, orator, leading industrialist, a dedicated teacher, successful professional, entrepreneur and an ardent believer in social work. Born on April 5, 1942 in Annur village, Dr. GB completed his graduate and postgraduate studies at Madras Medical College. He later pursued his graduate training in Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital Chicago, after which he returned to India to set up the internationally recognized K.G. Hospital, which has treated over 4.5 million patients. As founder and head of the renowned multi speciality tertiary care 350 bedded K.G. Hospital, he has established a Centre of Excellence providing Affordable and Advanced Healthcare. KG Hospital is one of the few hospitals in Tamilnadu to be re-certified for the NABH quality certification. The hospital has delivered highly subsidized medical treatment and surgeries to over 2 lakh people, including 6,000 heart surgeries, 10,000 free dialysis, 1,500 free heart surgeries and 1,300 life saving surgeries for the poor and 450 free heart surgeries for children. Dr. GB has done yeomen service to public of Coimbatore and society during the last 50 years as the founder of successful enterprises in the fields of Education, Information Technology, Infrastructure, Housing and Renewable Energy. Dr. GB also founded K.G. Eye Hospital, which has restored eyesight to more than 95,000 poor and blind patients free of cost. Dr. GB has been honoured with many prestigious awards for his significant contributions in the Healthcare and other sectors during the past 50 years. Some of them are:
- B.C. Roy Award
- Padma Shri Award
- Life Time Achievement Awards
- Honorary Fellowship by Quality Council of India
- DSc. (Honoris Causa) from Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Pro-Life Award by ‘Life for All & Life International, USA
- Jewel of Coimbatore Award
- PSG Distinguished Alumni Award
- Seva Ratna Award from Centenarian Trust
- Rajammal P. Devadas Award from Avinashilingam University for Women
Chairman, KG Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Number of Beds – 350
- Total Inpatient Average (Annual) – 12,000
- Total Outpatient Average (Annual) – 2,15,000
- Number of patients treated so far – 4.5 million
- Average length of stay – 4 to 4.5 days
- Number of ICU beds – 72
- Number of operation theatres – 8
- Number of ACLS ambulances – 3
- Number of Employees – 1400
- Number of Doctors – 250v
- 24 hours’ emergency and Trauma Care Center
- 24 hours’ Pharmacy
- 24 hours’ Laboratory services
- 24 hours’ Regional blood bank