KG Hospital Chairman Dr G.Bakthavathsalam organized a special lecture on “Healing the Healer” by BK Atam Prakash Bhai of Rajyoga Foundation, Brahma Kumaris, Mount Abu, in the Hospital Auditorium on January 22nd, 2018.
In his introductory remarks, Dr Bakthavathsalam said, “Brahma Kumaris is a religion of love. God is Love and Love is God. With headquarters at Mount Abu, Brahma Kumaris has spread out to 164 countries with 10,000 teachers and 2 lakh dedicated sisters imparting spiritual knowledge. They sacrifice their life for our happiness.”
The Chairman also said, “It is a divine grace that BK Atam Prakash Bhai has come today to bless the KG family. All of us pray for happiness. We must enjoy every moment in our life. People go to other organizations for business transactions, but they come to KG Hospital for cure, and after treatment they establish life-long relationship,” Dr Bakthavathsalam said.
Tips for doctors
BK Atam Prakash Bhai in his speech gave the following valuable tips to doctors on how to become better healers:
- Do your best and leave the rest to God. You treat and God cures.
- Take time out for self. Sit in solitude and have conversation with yourself.
- Think that you are a soul doing your role.
- Always try to be at ease. When you are busy you will be at ease.
- Give blessings and get blessings. When all other mediums stop working, blessings start working.
- Doctors are next to God. Theirs is a noble profession to cure the patients. The self-respect of patients must be honoured.
- Pat yourself whenever you do a good job.
- Keep smiling all the time. If a doctor smiles, diseases will go miles away.
- Meditation is the best medication. Negative thoughts create carticosteroids that suppress the immune system; 90% of diseases are psychosomatic diseases.
BK Atam Prakash Bhai stressed the point that whenever one looks at the wristwatch or a wall-clock to check the time, he should remember the acronym “WATCH” which stands for the following:
- W – Words which must be short, soft and sweet. Do not use harsh words and hurt others.
- A – Elevated Action
- T – Pure and Positive thoughts
- C – Coolness and Character- Mental coolness is a sign of a strong soul, and anger is the sign of weakness.
- H – Happiness and Holiness
He wound up the session with meditation, involving the entire audience, consisting of doctors, Chief Executive Officers, managers and nurses.