Day Care Surgery
Day Care Surgery in the area of ‘General Surgery’
“We will put you into action on the same day of surgery”
K.G. Hospital, a pioneer in providing multi, super specialty and tertiary care hospital, has now pioneered the concept of ‘Day Care Surgery’ in Coimbatore.
Advantages of Day Care Surgery:
Saturday & Sunday Heart Check up
- Delivery of same high quality care as given to hospital patients
- Patient experiences less pain due to special anesthesia technique, which wears out faster
- Early mobilization
- Early return to normal routine or work
- Minimal disruption of patient’s personal life
- Reduced risk of cross-infection
- Less disruption on the home front
- Less pain because of safer and longer acting drugs
- Less time lost at work pre-operatively
List of Day Care Surgeries:
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy (removal of appendex)
- Removal of gall bladder with stones
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Minimally invasive procedure for Haemorrhoids (piles)
- Surgery for Anal fissures
- Fistulectomy for anal fistuals
- Incision and drainage for perianal abscesses
- Breast lump excision
- Kindly bring your old prescriptions, if any.
- Please also bring all your medications in their original container
- You should also bring the X-ray, CT scan, MRI scan, Ultrasound scan report, laboratory reports, etc.
- Kindly bring one attendant with you.
- It is preferable to come on empty stomach. Do not eat or drink anything except for water from midnight.
- If you take regular medications for certain conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc., you will receive specific instructions at the time of your pre-admission visit as to which ones you should take on the day of your surgery.
- It is important to be on time on the day of your surgery. The time between your arrival and the actual time of the surgery will allow the nurses to complete the necessary paperwork, administering of pre-operative medications, test and starting of an intravenous, if required.
- Please share all medical information with the doctor and nurses, e.g. reaction to medications, anesthesia, difficulty in hearing, etc.
- The patient will be asked to change for the surgery and other preparations will be duly carried out before the surgery.
- Consent for the surgery will be taken from the patient and also the attendants prior to the surgery.
- After the surgery, the patient will be shifted to the post operative period for a few hours.
- The doctor will prescribe the medications and post operative care.
- It is important that all the post operative instructions are followed correctly.