MBBS, MS (Genl. Surgery), DNB (Cardiothoracic Surgery), FRCS (Ed.)
- MBBS – 1985 Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, India
- MS (General Surgery) – 1990 Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, India
- Mch (Cardiothoracic Surgery) – 1993 Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, India
- DNB (Cardiothoracic Surgery) – 1995 National Board of Examinations – New Delhi, India
- FRCS(Ed.) – 2000 Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
- 24 years of post qualification experience in all aspects of Cardiothoracic Surgery. Has previously held distinguished faculty positions at the Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, India.
- overseas training fellowships at the Royal Liverpool Children’s Hospital, Liverpool, England.
- Townsville General Hospital, Townsville, Queensland, Australia, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton.
- Has a large experience in all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery.
- Has performed more than 8500 major procedures till date.
Experience in Adult Cardiac Surgery includes
- Total arterial revascularisation CABG (LIMA RIMA Y grafts, LIMA Radial Y grafts), off pump CABG, high risk CABG for severe LV dysfunction and diffuse CAD.
- Valve repair and replacement procedures.
- Minimally invasive (hemisternotomy, minithoracotomy).
- Cardiac surgical procedures (Mitral Valve Repair / Replacements, Aortic Valve Replacements).
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration for LV aneurysms and chronic heart failure.
- Combined CABG and valve repair/replacements.
- CABG with free wall rupture repair, CABG with venricular septal rupture repair procedures.
Experience in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery includes
- Surgical correction for all simple congenital anomalies (ASD, VSD, PDA, Coarctation of Aorta)
- Surgical correction for complex anomalies (Tetralogy of Fallot, Tricuspid Atresia, A-V Canal defects, Transposition of Great Arteries etc)
- Minimally invasive surgery for correction of congenital anomalies (ASD, Closure, Mitral Valve Repair).
Experience in General Thoracic Surgery includes
- All types of Lung Resections (Pneumonectomy, Lobectomy, Segmentectomy)
- Emergency surgery for chest trauma
- Tracheal and broncial reconstructions, sleeve resections
- Thoracoscopic surgery
Experience in Vascular Surgery includes
- Surgery for aortic aneurysms
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Peripheral Arterial Bypass Procedures
Initiated the following at KG Hospital
- Total Arterial Revascularisation CABG
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Postoperative continuous cardiac output monitoring