|KG Emergency (for all Medical Emergencies)||155|
|KG Hospital Enquiry||0422 – 2212121 / 0422 – 2219191|
|KG Rotary Road Accident Help Line||155|
|Poison Infomation Center||155 / 0422 – 2399825|
EMERGENCY MEDICINE amp amp EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORT
EMERGENCY MEDICINE & EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORT
KG Hospital’s “next generation Responder” makes medical transportation safer for patients, in turn allowing for better patient care, both before & during transport Emergency Medicine has been practised in the Western countries with well-established standards and protocols; Western universities offer Emergency Medicine as a speciality We would like to share our experience in the Speciality of “Emergency Medicine & Emergency Medical Transport.” KG Hospital & Post Graduate Medical Institute, Coimbatore, has been a Pioneer in the practice of Emergency Medicine and Accident Management in the whole country. We have 37 years of experience in Critical Care Medicine, including managing Strokes, Heart Attack victims, Poisoning, Acute Renal Failure, Acute Liver Failure, Snake Bites, Burns, Attempted Hanging, Gun Shot Wounds and Road Traffic Accidents. We also have extensive experience in managing Disasters, viz. managing many victims of accidents at the same time. We have had the opportunity to save the lives in hundreds during the infamous Coimbatore Bomb Blast scenario a few years ago
TRAUMA amp amp EMERGENCY CENTRE: LEVEL 4
TRAUMA & EMERGENCY CENTRE: LEVEL 4
- 40 beds exclusively for managing emergency situations, including Brain Injury Ward, Coronary Care Ward, Critical Care Ward for treating multi system disease patients and multi organ failure patients and managing poly-trauma victims (patients having head injury, chest injury, abdomen injury and limb injury, all at the same time).
- Regional Blood Bank with minimum 600 units of blood and blood components, including plasma, on stock. It functions round-the-clock.
- 24-hour X-Ray, Ultrasound Centre, CT Scan Centre, MRI Centre, Diagnostic laboratories & Cathlab open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- 24-hour Lab and the availability at short notice: specialized services of General Surgeons, Neuro Surgeons, Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiac Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, ENT Surgeons, Paediatric Surgeons, Intensivists in the Intensive Care Unit, Radiologists, Ultrasonologists, CT and MRI specialists, Angio Specialists, etc., if required, to deal with any type of emergency situations.
- Availability of fully-equipped 9 operation theatres, which are functional 24 hours a day
- Twelve Ambulances, 9 within the Hospital & 3 located outside the Hospital
- Service of 200 well-qualified Graduate & Diploma Nurses are available for support services.
- First Class Communication facility to call for help, including 20 lines in 2212121 series, KG Helplines 155, Vodafone Mobile 155 and Aircel 0422-155.
- Stabilizing the vital signs at the site of occurrence of the emergency, is mandatory for excellent outcome.
- GOLDEN HOUR: The first hour after the occurrence of an Emergency, Accident or Trauma is the golden hour, when every minute matters to save the life of the patient.
- In the sixty PLATINUM MINUTES, every minute counts; delay in diagnosing and stabilizing the patient results in more brain or myocardial damage.
- These patients require good standard of treatment in the first hour.
- To our Super Speciality and Multi Speciality Hospital: You can always telephone our Doctors to help you at times of crisis.
- If the patient under your treatment does not progress up to your satisfaction, you may contact any of our Specialists for seeking advice on the telephone itself for a second consultation/opinion.
- If you feel that the patient requires more diagnostic and sophisticated work up and Multi Speciality Management, it is advisable to shift the patient to a Speciality Centre like us.
- By shifting a very seriously ill patient in a critical condition in an ordinary ambulance vehicle, especially with respiratory failure, multi organ failure and patient with acute myocardial infarction , the patient will suffer further damage.
REQUIREMENTS OF AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORT AMBULANCE
REQUIREMENTS OF AN EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORT AMBULANCE:
- The requirements are very rigid in America and English hospitals.
- The ambulance must be a good standard and sturdy large vehicle, which should not topple and create risk for the ambulance personnel or the patient inside or if the ambulance itself gets involved in an accident, nothing should happen to the patient inside the ambulance.
- The ambulance shall be airconditioned to avoid the road dust polluting the interior of the vehicle.
- The ambulance should have:
- uninterrupted power supply.
- cardiac monitor
- Pulse oxymeter to check the oxygen level
- Ventilator (respirator) to be used in patients with respiratory failure
- Pacemaker if the patient has a heart block.
- Ambu box containing 350 types of medicines
- Proper medical and para medical personnel to resuscitate the patient at the site of the accident or at the primary health center or similar hospitals to stabilize the patient.
- Suction apparatus
- Non-invasive BP apparatus
- A Doctor with experience in Intensive Care Unit with a minimum experience of 5 years.
- Knowledge in managing various complications and serious situations of the patients.
- The Doctor should have experience in managing shock and cardiac events.
- He should be able to deliver external shock, if required.
- He should be able to assess the condition of the patient not only at the starting point, but throughout the journey and communicate with the base Hospital till he reaches the Base Hospital.
- He should have assistance of paramedical technicians, who should be well versed with handling any types of critical events.
- He should be able to organize specialist consultation in the base hospital immediately and continue the resuscitation to make the patient live, for which he is shifted to the base Hospital.
We are proud to say that we are the Pioneers in setting up and managing a First Class Quality Oriented Emergency Medical transport across the country. KG Emergency Ambulance Responder has filled the void.
On more than 2,000 occasions, we have transported patients from the following towns:-
Annaikatti, Anthyur, Bangalore, Conoor, Erode, Palghat, Satyamangalam, Gopi, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Dharapuram, Salem, Edapadi, Karur, Trichy, Thanjavur, Palani, Pudukottai, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Sivakasi, Tirupur, Namakkal, Mettupalayam, Trivandrum, Cochin, Perunthalmanna, Calicut, Tiruchengode
TYPE OF PATIENTS TRANSPORTED
TYPE OF PATIENTS TRANSPORTED:
- Multi system organ failure on a ventilator in a paralyzed condition
- Septic shock
- Cardiogenic shock patients for emergency angio & rescue angioplasty
- Renal failure with pulmonary odema
- Status asthamaticus
- Status epilepticus
- Patients with post-partum complications
- Patients with per-operative & post-operative complications
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR RESPONDERS
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR RESPONDERS:
- First Hospital in India which started well equipped ambulance services
- First Hospital in India to initiate pre-hospital thrombolysis in acute myocardial infarction
- First hospital in the country to initiate pre-hospital temporary pace maker facilities
- Out of hospital rehabilitation
- First Hospital in the country to transfer cadaver for transplantation on road
- First Hospital to initiate Nation-wide Mock Disaster Exercise in medical conference
- First Hospital to initiate online Poison Control Centre
- First Hospital to manage National Disaster with planned programmed triage
OUR EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORT TEAM
UNIQUE FEATURES OF OUR RESPONDERS
- PRINCIPAL EMERGENCY DOCTORS:
- Dr. R. Senthil Kumar
- Dr. Kavitha
- Dr. Jayashakila
- EMERGENCY TECHNICIANS:
- Mr. Amudavaswan
- Mr. Ajin
- Mr. Sivakumar
- Mr. Perumal
- Mr. Balasundaram
- BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEER
- Mr. N. Angamuthu
- AMBULANCE DIRECTOR
- Mr. R. Veluswamy
For any Emergency help or enquiry, contact the following persons:- a) Dr. G. Bakthavathsalam, Chairman 98430-66666 b) Dr. R. Senthilkumar 98430-77288 c) Dr. Kavitha 94438-99277 d) Dr. Jayashakila 98944-38086 e) Mrs. Vasanthi, PRO 98431-32131 f) Telephone Operators: 0422-212121-29 – Mrs. Selvarani – Mrs. Halammal – Mrs. Rajeswari
- PRINCIPAL EMERGENCY DOCTORS: