- Pulmonology department serves to manage
- Bronchial asthma
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD)
- Interstitial lung diseases (ILD)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PPH)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Lung cancer
- Sleep related breathing disorders
- Interventional bronchoscopy
Pulmonology department has outpatient and inpatient facilities backed by the Intensive Medical Care Units and excellent Operation Theatre facilities for Thoracic Surgery. Acute, and severely ill patients are managed in the high-tech IMCU by expert healthcare professionals.
Pulmonology department is well backed up by excellent Radiology, Laboratory Services, Microbiology, and Physiotherapy departments.
The department conducts Awareness campaigns regularly for the benefit of the general public, under the “Protect your Lungs” program. These programs highlight clinical features of T.B., asthma, associated occupational hazards and environmental pollution. “No smoking” campaigns are also part of these programs. The public drives included an Asthma Camp conducted in conjunction with US based specialists.